Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Winter in Michigan

Frozen winter branches
I finally made it to Switzerland!  The polar vortex/winter storm Hercules made it quite the trick to fly out of Michigan and get across the pond to Europe, but after three days of finagling and crashing at airports, I made it to Geneva.  Much to my surprise, Geneva is about 30 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than in Michigan.  Just as I made it here, the full force of the winter storms hit - even Niagara Falls partially froze.  For example, this is the lighthouse in St. Joseph, Michigan, completely frozen over.


However, just before I left, I was lucky enough to spend some time around west Michigan and get a few pictures of the natural beauty all around in the winter, like the frozen branches above or the beautiful cardinals that came to our house every single day.







1 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty! JO

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons