Sunday, March 16, 2014

Geneva Auto Show

McLaren
March 6 through 16, 2014 - the dates for the Salon de Auto, the 84th International Motor Show in Geneva.  Traffic has been crazy the whole week with added buses and tourists coming across the city to see the show.  I went on the last day of the auto show out to Palexpo to see what the big deal was.
Lamborghini Mercy
The auto show itself took up 6 halls of Palexpo - a huge arena complex out by the Geneva Airport.  It was filled with huge displays of beautiful cars and even had a small electric car test driving track indoors.  I test drove a Smart Car, just to see what it would be like (it's like driving a golf cart).
Maserati Concept Car Wheel
I found another blog with a list of the Top Five Cars at the auto show.  I don't agree with all of them, but I am glad that the Maserati Alfieri Concept Car and the Lamborghini Hurcan made the list, since those were definitely some of my favorites.  I was also a fan of the McLarens and Ferraris at the show.  
Lexus
In more economic cars, Subaru had a really cool concept car.  If I was to buy a new car to use on an everyday basis, that would have been a great choice.  It's a truly beautiful concept car.  More information and photos available here.
Subaru Concept Car (I even like the color)
Here is a slideshow of my pictures from the auto show.  Great cars.  Too bad no indoor Lambo test track.  Maybe next year, Geneva....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons