Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Una Introducción de Guaraní


Part of the program that I am doing in Spain involves assisting an office that works with Latin American immigrants, especially Paraguayan immigrants. In Paraguay, there are two official languages: Español and Guaraní. Both are used with equal frequency by Paraguayans as well as in the areas bordering Paraguay (such as the border between Paraguay and Brazil). These are a few of the Guaraní phrases that colleagues have taught me:

Che iera (name) - Me llamo (name) - My name is... - اسم من ـــــ است

Mba eichapa? - ¿Cómo estás? - How are you? - حالت چطوره؟

Che sogue - No tengo dinero - I do not have any money - من پول ندارم

Akese - Quiero dormir - I want to sleep - من می خواهم بخوابم
Ajama (pronounced "Ahama") - Adios/ya me voy - Bye! - خدا حافظ

1 comments:

Ivan said...

Hi nice reading your bllog

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Walgreens Printable Coupons